Anodising aluminum creates unlimited possibilities for functional and creative surface treatments.
At HAI we offer a range of different types of anodising:
Choice of anodising
The purpose, properties, and look of the aluminum product are of importance when choosing surface treatment. HAI always uses the techniques necessary to achieve the best result.
The surface treatment adds an extra dimension to the product, which means that the treatment you choose gives the product its own character, and ensures that it lives up to expectations.
The anodising process
The method is an imitation of the natural protective process of aluminum, however, during the process at HAI, the oxidation happens fast, under clean, controlled conditions. This process is called anodising.
The process entails that the protective surface becomes lightfast, thicker and stronger. The protective layer is approximately 100 times thicker and therefore more durable compared to the natural process. At the same time it is corrosion-proof, dirt-repelling and electrically insulating.
HAI is anodising specialists
Specifically, the aluminum product is fixed to a mount with clamps before the surface is treated by immersing the product in processing baths. The baths carry an electrical current to the product as part of the treatment, and this means that the clamps do not leave a mark where the aluminum has not been anodised. This is also called a contact mark.
In collaboration with HAI the optimal placement of the clamps is decided, to ensure that they do not influence the final function and look of the product.
- The protective surface becomes lightfast, thicker and stronger.
- The protective layer is approximately 100 times thicker and therefore more durable compared to the natural process.
- At the same time, it is corrosion-proof, dirt-repelling and electrically insulating.
Structure and look after the treatment
- The metallic impression is maintained.
- The anodising layer is transparent; which means that the surface can be dyed or have structure added.
- The surface gets a beautiful lustre and depth of colour, making the surface visually interesting.
The layer thickness of the anodising is chosen based on the need for corrosion-resistance, temper and colour properties.
- 3 µm protection of processing
- 5 µm indoors without functional use
- 10 µm indoors with functional use
- 15 µm outdoors in a light corrosion environment
- 20 µm outdoors in a typical corrosion environment
- 25 µm outdoors in a harsh corrosion environment
At HAI Horsens, we can control the dyeing very accurately during the process.
- A uniform look every time.
- Design possibilities.
- HAI recommends a minimum of 10 µm for dyeing.
- All aluminum alloys
- Anodising is used in many different industries.
We are very systematic in our guidance, and therefore we are often included already in the product development phase. The cornerstone in any collaboration is an open dialogue and to focus on the function of the product. We are always able to find the right solution in collaboration with the client.
Call us on phone number +45 88 44 77 22