Hard anodising is a special type of anodising.
During this process, it is possible to produce particularly hard, thick and friction solid layers, that meet industry standards in:
- Electric field strength
- Corrosion durability
Among other things, hard anodising is used for:
- Piston rods
- Clutch discs
Structure and look after the treatment
- The metallic impression is maintained.
- The hard anodising layer is transparent, this means that the surface can be dyed black or have structure added.
- Depending on the alloy, µm and temper, the surface can get a light brown or dark brown colour.
- During a standard hard anodising the surface becomes rougher than after a traditional anodising. HAI Horsens can minimise the roughness of the surface.
- 30-150 µm depending on the alloy and the process.
- At 50 µm a temper of 400-450 HV can be achieved depending on the alloy and the process.
- Hard anodising can be dyed black.
- Most alloys can be used.
- The most well-suited alloys.
HAI hard anodises according to DS/EN 12373 and Mil-A-8625 Type III/ Class 1/ Class 2, as well as standards specific to clients. Certificates and reports of surface treatment tests from our own lab can be composed together with the client.
- Al99/ 99,5
- AlMn1 – AlMn1Mg0,5/1 – AlMnCu
- AlMg1 – AlMg2,5 – AlMg3 – AlMg5
- AlMgSi0,5/ 0,7/ 1
- AlMg2Mn0,3/ 0,8
- AlZnMgCu0,5/ 1,5
HAI’s specific hard anodising treatments:
- Type 2000
- Type 6000
- Type 7000