Chemical pickling is the most applied pre-treatment method.
By safely, effectively and gently pickling the aluminum product in our alkaline baths the natural oxide layer is removed before the following anodising.
- Gives a matt and uniform surface structure.
- Cannot be applied to materials with machining fits (Clearance fit, interference fit or transition fit, etc.) without stripping buffers or preceding dialogue.
- Construction sections
- Facade elements
Effect on scratches and small damages in the surface
- Masks minor scratches and marks from extrusion.
- Removes the natural oxide layer.
Structure and appearance after treatment
- Semi to fully matt surface depending on the pickling process.
- Aluminum alloys, most extruded sections, sheets and forged materials.
- Cast materials should not be pickled.