Mechanical brushing creates a surface structure with visible streaks in the brushing direction.
The streaks vary depending on the customer’s choice of brush.
- Profitable compared to manual brushing
- Brushing is possible on straight and arched surfaces
- Decorative articles
- Technical articles where a high degree of roughness is desired
Effect on scratches and small damages in the surface
- Creates a structured surface
- Removes the natural oxide layer
Structure and appearance after treatment
- Fine streaks in the brushing direction
- Streak vary depending on the coarseness of the brush
- Aluminum alloys and most extruded sections and sheets.
- If a high degree of lustre is desired, pure alloys must be used.
- We have the right grinding band for your needs, regardless of application or the physical characteristics of the component.
- For aluminum, we use grinding bands in the range of K50 to K600 or Scotch-Brite from very fine (blue) to medium (red).