Mechanical burnishing creates a gleaming and mirror-like surface.
- Higher requirements to the extrusion quality
- Dirt repelling and cleaning friendly
- Reduces friction
- Decorative articles
- Technical articles where a low degree of roughness is desired
Effect on scratches and small damages in the surface
- Masks minor scratches and marks from the extrusion.
- Removes the natural oxide layer.
Structure and appearance after treatment
- The look of the matt finish on the surface depends on the pickling process.
- Aluminum alloys, most extruded sections, sheets and forged materials.
- Cast materials should not be pickled.