Mechanical grinding creates a smooth surface with streaks in the grinding direction. The streaks vary depending on the customers’ choice of grit size.
- Profitable compared to manual grinding
- Grinding is only possible on straight surfaces
- Decorative articles
- Technical articles where are a high degree of roughness is desired.
Effect on scratches and small damages in the surface
- Creates uniform, structured surfaces
- Removes the natural oxide layer
Structure and appearance after treatment
- Fine streaks in the grinding direction
- Streak vary according to grit size
- Aluminum alloys and most extruded sections and sheets
- If a high degree of lustre is desired, pure alloys must be applied
- We have the right grinding bands for your needs, regardless of application or the physical characteristics of the component.
- For aluminum, we use grinding bands in the range of K50 to K600 or Scotch-Brite from very fine (blue) to medium (red).